Sunday, July 15, 2012

"McDonald's". An EVIL Corporation ?

Why am I so into McDonald's? Simply because I love their foods there. But I was been accidentally brought to this site which is obviously an Anti-McDonald's blogger. Now, since I also want you guys to know what I've just found out, here's what I've got from www.rajuabju.com. Have time to read this one sweetie, you'll surely get hesitant to either continue patronizing McDonald's or end whatever addiction you had with their foods.

Evil McDonald's ?


***



Ok. So here's my beef with McDonald's. They are an evil corporation. Never mind the allegations of child labor in China to create happy meal toys. Ignore the numerous reports of filthy workplace conditions. Disregard the fact that their food not only tastes like shit, but is also about as healthy for you as shit. I don't blame McDonald's for the huge problem of every teenager getting fat as fuck, eating there is a choice an individual makes. Just like smoking or doing anything else that is destructive to your own health. And, I don't even care about their unyielding pursuit to destroy union activists; I am happy to be anti-union myself.

My issue with McDonalds: THEY ARE DESTROYING THE FUCKING RAINFORESTS IN SOUTH AMERICA.

I'm not a vegetarian, and certainly not some nutcase from PETA or whatever other extremist animal rights organization. I like to eat meat, chicken, fish whatever, and I think everyone should have the choice to do so if they wish. I don't really give a rat's ass about animal treatment, because they are fucking animals and in my opinion, don't have "feelings," and no, I don't mean that they don't feel pain.
Everyone knows that the rainforest is a wonderful place that must be preserved. No one is going to argue the pro side for destroying the rainforest. McDonald's, for all the good it does in society (giving people jobs, low-cost food, charity work, blah blah blah) is a corporation in the end of it all, and they just want to make money, and don't give a shit who or what they step on to get it

You see, there are two ways that McDonalds destroys the environment (btw, some of this information is copied off of other, reliable, sources).


1) They get beef raised in the rainforest to be delivered directly to your BigMac. You may be thinking to yourself, "Well, why is that bad? They only take away part of the rainforest and then that's it." Incorrect.They use parts of the rainforest for only 2 years at the maximum because the soil quality is so poor there that they clear-cut another area once the soil cannot sustain the grass and grain that the cows eat. So what's so wrong about that, won't the forest regrow? Wrong again. The moisture in a rainforest is what makes it a RAIN forest, and since about 70% of all moisture comes from transpiration from the trees - No more trees, no more rainforest. It will not regrow, ever, even if it is replanted.

2) The other way has to do with just the grain being shipped from the rainforest to the US or other countries to feed cows that will eventually end up on your BigMac. Put simply, for every pound of beef you eat, 55 acres of rainforest were destroyed.
In order to keep up with the huge demand for McDonalds burgers all over the world they require vast areas of land to raise cattle for their burgers. Ever year, over 30 million acres of rain forest are lost. Of course, it would be unfair to blame this loss solely on McDonald's, and I don't intend to do that. There are plenty of other reasons why we are losing our rain forest land at such an alarming rate, but I'm not here to discuss those reasons. In order to produce 1 million tons of meat, 7 million tons of grain must be fed to livestock. This use of precious resources is not even for the betterment of anyone’s health given the unhealthy nature of food from McDonalds. But again, I don't argue that people shouldn't eat their food because it's so unhealthy for you.


On the official corporate webpage for McDonald's, they claim that "the preservation of tropical rain forest land is a top priority McDonald's DOES NOT, HAS NOT, and WILL NOT purchase beef from rain forest or recently destroyed rain forest land." BULLSHIT I say!



McDonald's is one of many multinational companies which use (or have used) crops, beef, or both, raised on ex-rainforest land in South America. What companies basically do is cut down rainforest - which as you probably know is essential for absorbing carbon dioxide, helping to prevent global warming. It is also one of the world's most diverse areas and home to indigenous populations. They then plant crops or grass and in the latter case bring on herds of cattle which eat all the grass. But because rainforest land is not suitable for growing grass or any other sort of crop it soon becomes sterile. Nothing can grow there for years, the forest is destroyed and the companies move on to another piece. In the meanwhile the cattle are emitting methane which is a major cause of global warming.







***

-----> So how's the reading guys? Would you still patronize McDonald's despite of those pieces of information? I mean no harm here. I just want to share what I've found out. 

I dare you, what can you say? :)





3 comments:

  1. what can i say? sometimes foods that look suspicious are in fact delicious... LOVE KO 'TO :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. when i read the word 'evil' i thought it was about the blog that i've read saying that McDonald's is actually part of the organization or cult called 'ILLUMINATTI' in which Lady Gaga is also rumored to be one of the members.. :D

    well, as for this particular beefy.. i'd say that this is just one of those black propaganda advertised to lessen Mcdo lovers out there...after reading this bit of knowledge, i'd still be happy to order double cheese burger at mcdonald's.. :D it wouldn't hurt to taste one of those succulent beefies ''shipped from South American rain forest''..right???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Full of foul words, I am bit hesitant if I gonna believe it. Hmmm, I need profs, I will do it for myself. LOL, it sucks if that is really true. Mcdo only after for their own good. :*/

    ReplyDelete